Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th and beyond

Last night Thomas, Robert and I took the girls to the Church to watch the fireworks and listen to the bands. Amanda stayed home with Danny Jack. Because of the cancer and the pain he is in he can not be trusted to do his own medication right now and he is on a feeding tube.
At the church they were having a silent auction in the Joy Dome to raise money for Missions projects ( they raised over $2000 ) . The resturant donated a dinner for 4 valued at $25. It went for $17. They had a lot of items from famous people that had been donated too. I bid on some CD's for K and a basket of beanie babies. and won both. K was very excited. Just before the fireworks were to begin she had to go to the bathroom. We came out and they were singing The National Anthem so of course we stood still and put our hands over our hearts to salute the flag. As soom as the song ended they turned off the lights. Even with a full moon and fireworks going off we could not find Thomas and Robert so I told Kathryn to just sit down and we would enjoy the fireworks and then find them. After the fireworks were done everyone started moving so of course it was impossible to find anything so she and I headed back to the car to wait for them. They say if you are ever lost hug a tree, well we hugged a Jeep and they eventually "found " us. Getting out of the parking lot in the past has always been a challenging and fun experience but this year I guess they had better traffic cops because we were out in less than 20 min where it has taken us over 45 in the past.
We came home and of course the day wasn't done until my pyro husband and niece had set off a few fireworks at the house. we finally fell into bed around 11:30.

Today K and I went to sunday school but not to church. I am not sure what is going on but I just feel out of sorts in the church. I don't feel as if I belong there any more. I am considering trying out a few other churches in the area that seem more child oriented. And talk more about the Bible and God than they do the churches financial situation. don't get me wrong I know the church needs money to keep going and to bring more people to Him but when every sermon is about that it gets old fast. I guess we will jsut have to see what happens next.

Right now I am watching K and S playing in a blow up pool in the front yard. it is only about a foot to 18 inches deep but they are having fun getting wet and splashing each other. Tom is outside sitting on the porch watching them. This was the one thing Kathryn wanted to do today so her day is complete and full.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Seems not to matter what size the pool is for kids. They always enjoy being in the water and getting wet.