Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grace's Slumber Party

Kathryn and Sam's friend Grace had a slumber party for her 8th birthday. Danda got them all matching PJs and Barbara got them little goody bags that included little Diva sleep masks ( Kathryn now sleeps with hers on every night too funny) Barbara is very creative and the girls each decorated they overnight bags with paints and iron on letters.


They all three have matching Build a Bear Bunnies so they all got matching outfits for their bunnies that they got to decorate too.

Tom and I came over on Saturday morning because their nieghborhood was having a community yard sale and Bill and Barbara said we could set up in their yard if we wanted to so we did. Best yard sale I have ever had, and believe me I have had my share of them. My one promise to Tom was that if it left the house it would not come back so after the sale everything went to the thrift store.
Kathryn, Sam, and Grace wanted to continue the party all day Saturday and have a 2nd night sleep over. Robert and Amanda were going to take them to lunch at the Red Elephant, a kids pizza joint, and then back to Bill and Barbara's. I initally said no that I wanted her to come home and not spend two nights away from home; however. her daddy felt that i should let her stretch her little wings and stay another night. I reluctantly agreed.
At about 11:30 I get this call from her saying she wanted to come home. I told Tom that it was important for us to go get her because if she can't trust us now to get her when she needs us how can we expect her to call us when she is older and needs help. So we loaded up and went across town and got her. They told us that once we said we were coming she relaxed and was laughing and they thought she would be fine to stay but when we got there she was ready to come home. She stayed awake all the way home but was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. I have to say I was very glad to have her back home. At 6 two night was just too much for her. It will come in time.

No comments: