Saturday, October 4, 2008

First quarter of school

It is hard to believe we are starting week 8 of school for this year. It has been very busy and very full of learning for both of us. We began at Albertson's for the first two weeks.

Kathryn returned to gymnastics in September. She is improving with her balance. Now if I can just get her to land on two feet. She consistanly steps one then two when landing. We are working on landing on two feet off the mini tramp at home.
We have taken an expidetion under the sea to the depths of the ocean. Here is Kathryn swimming with an octopus.
She begged me to cut her hair short. This is as short as I was willing to go.
I think this was her favorite of all the units we have done. It was a study of the human body. We traced her body then added in bones, muscles and internal organs. She thought it the biggest hoot when talking about the digestive tract when it get to the end of the intestins you elimanate what your body can not use. It was funny to her to talk about the bathroom in school. Here she is showing off her muscles.

Kathryn has several Build A Bear friends because she has been invited to several of her friends and her cousins parties up there. She came up to me and told me she wanted to go back to make a bunny like Sam's. I told her I was not going to buy her another stuffed friend that if she wanted it she was going to have to save her money and buy it. It took her several months but this week ahe earned enough and today I took her to make her bunny.
This was the ancient egyptian project. We made a mummy and a pyramid. We found out that the kings had their enemies pictures painted on their shoes so they could figurativly crush their enemies every time the stepped. I asked several people and none of them knew this so it was cool for Kathryn to share this info that no one else knew.


I am so looking forward to the next 9 weeks we are going to have a blast learning together.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Wow, your mummy and pyramid were much better than mine.