Sunday, August 3, 2008

Last weekend the IMAX Theatre had a Pamdamonia Day. It was celebrating the upcoming Olympics and the release of the new Kung Fu Panda movie. It was free so it fit right into my budget. Kathryn and Samantha are enjoying a round of jousting. Sam of course knocked Kathryn off everytime. But they were both good sports about it and had a blast.


The girls also had their names written in Chineese. (I did mine too) It looks pretty cool.
When I saw this on their web site is was called The Egg Roll race. I thought they were coing something with eggrolls. Much to my surprise and amusement they had to roll the egg down the course....
...with their noses. Kathryn won this every time. I think it is because she is close to the ground and had better control of her egg.
In this game Sam and Grace excelled. They were to use chopsticks to move as many pieces of popcorn from one container to another. It is not a easy as it sounds. Espically if you do not know how to use the sticks to begin with.

We had a few minutes to kill before the movie began so I took them over to the Mary Brogan Museum. The wind tunnel is one of their favorite activities. The winds get up to 75 MPH which is Cat 1 force winds.

Grace has wonderful arm strength. The object is to lift your own body weight. She did this so effortlessly.
Grace and Sam both did well with the base ball toss. If memory serves they both tossed balls in excess of 20 MPH.
We finally made it to the movie and it was so funny and had some good teaching points. I recommend it to see when you get the opportunity.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Cool Blog, Melissa! I like the pictures from the Brogan. Looks like you guys had fun. Thanks for posting on my blog. I was just having a little pitty party, feeling lonely for friends.