Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We went to Montecello to visit our friends who own Monticello Pizza Kitchen ( good place for pizza ). We were on our way back on Hwy 90 and just as we were hitting the Leon County lline there is a boardwalk over a wetland. Tom, Kathryn and I went exploring. We walked the entire boardwalk and saw at least 5 different caterpillar species, a family of turtles by the dam, and some bill gar fish. The lilypads are in full bloom they were just lovely ( and me without my camera). We also saw lizards and several bugs I have no idea what they were, but they facinated Kathryn as long as she did not have to get too close. There were some caterpillar nurseries ( Kathryn's words not mine). It was a web like structure in which there were about 50 baby caterpillars munching on leaves. We were Missing "school" lessons at home ( basically we were playing hookie) but I could not pass up this teachable moment. It was so special to all of us. We will be going back soon, probably after the picnic on Friday since we will be on that part of town, and this time I will not forget my camera.

No comments: